Time to turn learning into action! Students work together in groups to carry out energy investigations and develop project action plans to deliver energy savings. In the investigation sessions, students develop a project and action plan which covers:
- Scoping and preparing for the investigation
- Discovering tools to help them conduct their investigation
- Action planning and permissions
- Conducting investigations
- Reporting findings and calculating potential savings
- Communication plan to other students and teachers
Our involvement in these sessions is flexible, depending on student needs.
Recent investigations by students include:
How much energy do our class iPads use if we leave them charging overnight?
How do solar panels work and what difference do they make to our school?
Why do we have so many fridges and how much do they cost to run?
What equipment is left on overnight and how can we encourage people to turn them off?